[GRASS-user] New location based on .prj; v.in.ogr fails

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jun 23 08:04:50 PDT 2018

   Created a new location, Import, based on shapefile's .prj. When I run
'v.in.ogr input=/home/rshepard/data/grassdata/ODF/odf_own.shp layer=odf_own'
an error in x_0 mis-match is found with the .shp file:

  Projection of dataset does not appear to match current location.

Location PROJ_INFO is:
name: NAD_1983_Oregon_Statewide_Lambert_Feet_Intl
datum: nad83
ellps: grs80
proj: lcc
lat_1: 43
lat_2: 45.5
lat_0: 41.75
lon_0: -120.5
x_0: 399999.9999999999
y_0: 0
no_defs: defined

Dataset PROJ_INFO is:
name: NAD83 / Oregon GIC Lambert (ft)
datum: nad83
ellps: grs80
proj: lcc
lat_1: 43
lat_2: 45.5
lat_0: 41.75
lon_0: -120.5
x_0: 399999.9999984
y_0: 0
towgs84: 0,0,0,0,0,0,0
no_defs: defined

ERROR: x_0

   I'm curious how this can happen since the .prj and .shp come from the same
source. If it is a user error I was not aware of it. A tarball with the
shapefiles is attached.

Rich