[GRASS-user] v.clean: recommend tools and sequence

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 28 09:24:28 PDT 2018

On Wed, 27 Jun 2018, Markus Neteler wrote:

> You may want to take a look here:
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Vector_topology_cleaning

Markus,

   I find this sentence ambiguous: "For import, try to find a snapping
threshold for v.in.ogr that produces an error-free output (during import the
module suggests a threshold)." I've not seen a suggested threshold when I
run v.in.ogr. When I press the [Enter] key it takes off and does its thing.
Does 'suggest a threshold' mean that v.in.ogr picks one and uses it without
user knowledge or interaction?

Regards,

Rich