[GRASS-user] Query regarding r.horizon in GRASS GIS 7.2.2 as a standalone

Johnn Wani johnn.nith at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 02:40:01 PST 2018

Dear GRASS GIS users,

I am a student from India. I am using *GRASS GIS 7.2.2 as a standalone* in
Windows 10 operating system.

My aim is to use r.horizon module to calculate horizon at a point in my
study area and save it to a .csv file. As I run the following command in
the console window on GRASS GIS:

r.horizon -d --overwrite elevation=n34_e077_1arc_v3 at PERMANENT direction=90
step=22.5 coordinates=741302,3793829 file=C:\Users\user\horizon.csv

But I am receiving an error message as attached herewith. Earlier also I
got the same error message but at that time it was due to non-alignment of
my DEM.
This time my DEM is aligned, here is the output of g.region -p command:

 g.region -p

projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      35:00:00.5N
south:      33:59:59.5N
west:       76:59:59.5E
east:       78:00:00.5E
nsres:      0:00:01
ewres:      0:00:01
rows:       3601
cols:       3601
cells:      12967201
(Wed Mar 07 15:15:14 2018) Command finished (0 sec)

Please help

With sincere regards
--
*JOHN MOHD WANI*