[GRASS-user] r.in.lidar build errors [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 7 11:03:17 PST 2018

On Wed, 7 Mar 2018, Markus Neteler wrote:

>> v.in.lidar: error while loading shared libraries: libproj.so.12: cannot
>> open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> To me that looks like library not in LD_LIBRARY_PATH error or library
> version changed after compilation of GRASS.

Markus,

   The latter is probably the reason. Installed here are:

/usr/lib/libproj.so.13
/usr/lib/libproj.so.13.0.0
/usr/lib/libproj.so

   But, I cannot compile the latest GRASS release (72331) because of the
missing .html files.

   I suppose I can cd to those directories and touch the filenames so I can
build GRASS against the upgraded libproj.so.

Thanks,

Rich