[GRASS-user] Ordering in groups/subgroups

jerritt collord collord at collord.net
Sat Mar 31 15:51:35 PDT 2018

Hi,

An ambiguity I don't see in the documentation: when I create a group and
subgroup of raster layers, it appears that the group definitions ("REF"
files) have an order to them that isn't reflected in what is shown in the
gui i.group tool. In fact, the order of layers in the subgroup is different
than in the group.

Order must matter though, because the signature files written by
i.gensigset are purely ordinal--they don't use use layer names.

1) I assume the only order that matters for tools that use the signature
file is the subgroup REF file, not the group REF?
2) Is it a bug that the gui i.group tool doesn't show/allow re-ordering of
layers?

Thanks,

Jerritt