[GRASS-user] Vector to 2D Raster

Francois Chartier fra.chartier at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:26:34 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am trying to build a Raster out of a vector file (points) which consists of soil properties at a given elevation and coordinates XY.

I have attached an example file that I have extracted from the main table which contains all XY Z and properties.  I am proceeding with building a raster for each elevation as I think that grass has issues with using 3D vectors with stacked data (vertically) from Borehole logs (that’s a different issue).  Then I will combine the 2D raster into one 3D raster.

I am reasonably new to Grass, and so far I have been able to combine multiple DEM together, add attributes to table from different Rasters (DEM, Bedrock surface), but I am unable to create a raster from a simple table, or at least see the raster.  In Grass it shows that the raster is in the Tree, but I am unable to show the colors etc.  I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly.  I have tried several methods such as v.in.ascii, etc.
As I have been trying this for many days, I am sending this email to the mailing list.

My ultimate goal is to build a 3D raster of soil properties over a large area (40 km x 40 km x 200 m depth).

Thanks for your help!
F.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---