[GRASS-user] Grass GIS Temporary files too large

Francois Chartier fra.chartier at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:19:32 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am trying to run a 3D interpolation with 70k points.  When running
V.Vol.RST, the simulation runs out of memory for the Temp File on my
computer.  I have 78 gb of space on my laptop and running a solid state
hard drive so relatively small to begin with.

Should I run the simulation from an external hard drive.  I have 1 TB
available external drive available, or
are there some settings that I can change in Grass or V.Vol.RST to make it
work with the Temp file?

If I do run from an external drive, do i have to move all the grass files
to the external drive for the temp file to be saved there or is there a
setting where i can change the saving location?

I have been looking at the link below which is supposed to explain how to
manage large datasets; however, i am too computer/grass illeterate to
understand this.
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/variables.html

Thanks
F.