[GRASS-user] Global overview of GRASS HPC resources/installations ?

Laura Poggio laura.poggio at gmail.com
Thu May 24 00:11:48 PDT 2018

Hi Massi,
using multiple single instances of GRASS had advantages (in our workflow)
when tiling: each tile was sent in its own mapset to a different instance
for processing.
I am aware that this can be done on HPC locally. However, doing this on the
cloud had the advantage (for us) to be able to use many more instances than
the cores available locally.

I think you are right and I/O operation and concurrent database operations
will be probably slower, but our workflow focus mainly on raster operations
and integrated GRASS / R models. If these operations can be tiled, then
there are advantages in doing so on different instances, when one does not
have access to enough local cores.

I am trying to tidy up the workflow used to be able to share. And I am
looking forward to see other workflows.

Thanks

Laura