[GRASS-user] problem with nnbathy

lorenzo benvenuto benvenuto.lorenzo at gmail.com
Fri May 25 01:17:46 PDT 2018

Dear lists,

I'm working with the commands v.surf.nnbathy, and r.surf.nnbathy; I give as
input a vector map and a raster map respectively, and differently from what
I expected, the value of the interpolated raster map is not the same on the
real points (I mean the points of the input maps).
It looks like a sort of smoothing effect is applied.

The syntax of the command I've used is:

v.surf.nnbathy input=vector_map_input at maspset1
output=raster_map_output at mapset1
r.surf.nnbathy input=raster_map_input at maspset1
output=raster_map_output at mapset1, where raster_map_input at maspset1, comes
from the comand
v.to.rast input=vector_map_input at mapset1 type=point
output=raster_map_input at mapset1 use=attr attribute_column=T

I'm using Grass 7.4.0 on Ubuntu 16.04 and I've downloaded the last updated
nnbathy library; I've also treid the same commands on Grass 7.0.3 on
Lubuntu but I got the same problem.

Lastly I've tried the command r.surf.nnbathy using Grass 6.4.4 and an old
version of nnbathy library (downloaded on 2016): in this case the value of
the interpolated raster map is exactly the same on the real points.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Regards,

Lorenzo