[GRASS-user] v.patch and keeping the attributes

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 00:55:50 PDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 10:58 AM Mira Kattwinkel <
kattwinkel-mira at uni-landau.de> wrote:

> Sounds good and precise to me.

OK, the manual has been updated in G77, G76 with r73635,6

Markus M

> Mira
>
> On 30/10/2018 21:34, Markus Metz wrote:
>

> On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 9:13 PM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 5:36 PM Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>
wrote:
> > > On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 10:26 AM Mira Kattwinkel:

would be helpful.

> > > if you could send a (draft) text addition to me, I'll merge it into
the manual.

> > Based on Mira's offlist sent text snippet, I would add this text under
"NOTES":

> > "When using the -e flag, v.patch assigns new, unique category (cat)
> > values so that no overlapping category numbers  occur  in  the
> > output. Hence, there is no need to run v.category beforehand."
> >
> > Is that correct?
>
> How about:
> "When using the -e flag, v.patch shifts category (cat) values in the
output so that category numbers from the different input maps do not
overlap. This shift is applied to both the category values of the features
and the category values in the attribute tables. Hence, there is no need to
run v.category and v.db.update beforehand."