[GRASS-user] v.colors usage

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 6 15:32:03 PST 2018

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

> db.droptable -f driver=sqlite table=stations
> Forcing ...
> WARNING: Deleting table <stations> which is attached to following map(s):
> WARNING: stations at mercury
>
> but,
>
> db.connect driver=pg database="willamette-river-hg"
> GRASS 7.7.svn (willamette_basin):~/data/grassdata/willamette_basin >
> db.connect -p
> driver: pg
> database: willamette-river-hg

   I think I see the problem and need clarification so I can fix it.

   All prior grass projects used the default databases. This project is where
I learn how to use postgres tables instead.

   When I used db.copy I gave the postgres tables new names; e.g.,
db.copy from_driver=sqlite
from_database="$HOME/data/grassdata/willamette_basin/mercury/sqlite/sqlite.db"
from_table=wrb to_driver=pg to_database=willamette-river-hg to_table=wrb_pg

   Now, the grass location has this directory strucure:

$ ls
PERMANENT/  db.test  mercury/  willamette-river-hg

and the mercury subdirectory has the map and attribute subdirectories:

$ ls mercury/
VAR  WIND  sqlite/  vector/  windows/

while the willamette-river-hg file is strictly attributes.

   My question is whether I can delete the ../mercury/sqlite/ subdirectory
since the pg driver is the default when I invoke grass. Then I could rename
the postgres tables to remove the _pg appended to the table names.

Regards,

Rich