[GRASS-user] r.tile behaviour

Sajid Pareeth spareeth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 06:07:41 PST 2018

Hi all

The r.tile module don't have overwrite flag, so if we re run the module
with different parameters but with same output prefix name, then it will
rewrite output with out warning.
Is this intentional?

Another point is, if I use overlap option it adds double the overlap cells
to the output maps.

For example in the NC location:

> r.info elevation -g

rows=1350
cols=1500

r.tile input=elevation output=elev_tile width=750 height=675
> r.info elev_tile-001-001 -g

rows=675
cols=750

r.tile input=elevation output=elev_tile width=750 height=675 overlap=50
> r.info elev_tile-001-001 -g

rows=775 (+ 100)
cols=850 (+ 100)

In the last case the rows and cols should be 725 and 800 respectively, as
it should add 50 cells as overlap to each tile? Or am I missing something?

Regards

Sajid