[GRASS-user] Finding why postgres database cannot be opened

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Nov 7 10:55:21 PST 2018

   Grass seems to recognize the postgres data base and that I'm logged in to
it:

> db.connect -p
driver: pg
database: /home/rshepard/data/grassdata/willamette_basin/willamette-river-hg

> db.login driver=pg database=willamette-river-hg --o
WARNING: DB connection <pg/willamette-river-hg> already exists and will be
          overwritten

   If the mapset recognizes that geometry attributes are stored in the
postgres database, and user me has access to these attribute tables, what
might be the cause of this error (seen with multiple maps):

> db.columns table=fishes
DBMI-PostgreSQL driver error:
Connection failed.
FATAL:  database "/home/rshepard/data/grassdata/willamette_basin/willamette-river" does not exist

WARNING: Unable to open database
          </home/rshepard/data/grassdata/willamette_basin/willamette-river-hg>
          by driver <pg>
DBMI-PostgreSQL driver error:
Connection failed.
FATAL:  database "/home/rshepard/data/grassdata/willamette_basin/willamette-river" does not exist

TIA,

Rich