[GRASS-user] Finding why postgres database cannot be opened

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Nov 7 11:40:17 PST 2018

On Wed, 7 Nov 2018, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> I think you need to slow down a bit and try to review your basic
> understanding of things (maybe [1] could do with a bit more substance).

Moritz,

   I do need to step back a bit.

> You are trying to connect to a database that is called
> "/home/rshepard/data/grassdata/willamette_basin/willamette-river-hg", not (as
> it should be) "willamette-river-hg".

   Yes, I see where I kept confusing path names for the sqlite and postgres
tables.

   Almost all issues are now resolved, but I need to add a 'cat' column to
the postgres stations table (it has more columns than does the sqlite one),
so I'll so this with psql and insert sequential numbers in that column that
follow the site_nbr columns. Looking at all tables, I think this is the last
hurdle to displaying the stations table.

   Thanks very much.

Regards,

Rich