[GRASS-user] V.in.db

Francois Chartier fra.chartier at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 02:54:32 PST 2018

Hi,

I imported a table with db.in.ogr of  data set with 7 columns (see example
below).  Then I want to use V.IN.DB to create a new vector map with the 3D
data set.
As the Name of Column (optional Tab), i used the "Particle" column as
containing the category number, which is the attribute that i want to map.
I get the error message that the data type should be an integer.

i have tried not setting the Category number as the attribute that i want
to map, but then i get the message that xyz need to be integer in double.
I am importing  the file from csv file where the data points are as
Numbers...
i really dont get it.

BHID ZONE EAST NORTH MASL PARTICLE MAT
589424 17 612862 4846722 164 0.039 Silt
589424 17 612862 4846722 163.7 0.02 Till
589424 17 612862 4846722 163 0.02 Till

(Thu Nov 08 05:38:42 2018)

v.in.db -t --overwrite table=GeomodNov8 x=EAST y=NORTH z=MASL key=PARTICLE
output=geomodnov8
ERROR: Data type of key column must be integer
WARNING: Unable to delete file 'C:\Users\Francois
Chartier\Documents\grassdata\Toronto\Toronto\vector/geomodnov8/coor'
(Thu Nov 08 05:38:43 2018) Command finished (0 sec)