[GRASS-user] Specifying color table in v.colors for use with d.vect

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Nov 8 08:09:06 PST 2018

   The v.colors manual page lists 'wave' as a color type, but using it in my
d.vect command fails. The two commands and results:

> v.colors map=sites layer=1 color=wave use=attr column=howmany rgb_col=bin_col
Converting color rules into categories...
  100%
Writing color rules...
  100%
Color table for vector map <sites at mercury> set to 'wave'

> d.vect map=sites display=shape type=point col=wave fill_col=wave rgb_col=bin_col icon=basic/octagon size=7
ERROR: Unknown color: 'wave'

   The map 'sites' is connected to the database table 'stations' via
v.db.connect. The stations table has a column 'bin_col' with the color triplet
associated with a value in the column 'howmany':

  howmany |  bin_col
       25 | 70:240:100
       58 | 185:15:155
        1 | 255:85:85
        4 | 232:108:62
       40 | 46:124:216

   I would like guidance on how to use the v.colors module so the colors
specified in the map's attribute table are accepted and used by d.vect.

TIA,

Rich