[GRASS-user] Fine-tuning d.vect.thematic and d.legend.vect [SOLVED]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Nov 10 14:26:13 PST 2018

Le Fri, 9 Nov 2018 16:22:25 -0800 (PST),
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> a écrit :

>    2.) Please correct me if I'm wrong in my thinking that ps.map (and
> the gui front end) work well if the maps are added using d.vect and
> d.rast, but not if I'm trying to add a map using d.vect.thematic. I
> tried to add multiple copies of the fish distribution map using
> d.vect, each with a species' name and associated color, but the gui
> did not like the 'where select = "Bull trout" regardless of the '='
> sign or using single or double quotation marks.

Are you sure that "select" is the name of the column containing the
information 'Bull trout' ?

You can see some examples of ps.map files for thematic maps here:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ps.map_scripts#Script_examples, notably
the thematic maps examples for Belgium:

http://homepages.ulb.ac.be/~mlennert/grass/psmap/index.html

Moritz