[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS in Archaeology: how to get a cross section -> r3 volumes

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Mon Nov 12 02:30:04 PST 2018

Lluís,

your cross-sections seem to be comparable to geologic strata: Modelling them as 3D-volumes works well in GRASS. (https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/raster3dintro.html)

Examples from a geologic strata-stack on slides 41 and 42:
https://www.slideshare.net/loewe/fossgis-portland-20143dprintingmidresrelease?qid=1e0d4b36-f2f1-4c19-a46d-af240ad9298a&v=&b=&from_search=2

The data was imported from a vector sources, then converted to raster layers (2.5d) which where then blended together into a r3 volume (slide 47 lists the modules which were used).

best,
Peter

<peter.loewe at gmx.de>