[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] r.covar vs layerStats in R

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 12:05:01 PST 2018

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:59 PM Micha Silver <tsvibar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/19/18 12:41 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 10:32 PM Micha Silver <tsvibar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I am preparing a correlation matrix for 7 raster layers. The results
using the r.covar module are different from the R layerStats function. I
suspect this is due to handling of null cells. The R function has a
parameter to remove NA cells, but the GRASS module, I think, just loops
over all cells, including no value.

> >> Can anyone confirm that GRASS does not deal with null cells, and that
this would cause the difference in correlation results?

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/raster/r.covar/main.c#L93

> Looking at lines 94 - 100, it seems that the count variable is
> incremented even when a cell value is null.

because of the "continue;", count is not incremented if any cell value is
null

Markus M