[GRASS-user] floodplain creation

Shane Carey careyshan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 04:07:11 PDT 2018

 Ok cool. When I I try to run the r.stream.distance with this new new
stream direction layer (that I calculated with  r.mapcalc
"streams_direction_8 = int((streams_direction + 45) / 45)" ),

it just hangs on the part that says: "caclulating downstream parameters".
So I am not sure what is going on here - have you any ideas on this?

Also, could you explain a little about what this expression is doing:
(streams_direction + 45) / 45)

Thanks Vaclav

Le gach dea ghui,
*Shane Carey*