[GRASS-user] EPSG 32633 and spatial resolution for hourly LST product from Copernicus

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 23:52:53 PDT 2018

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 6:54 AM Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net>
wrote:

> (For context see previous messages in this thread)

In this case
> r.in.gdal in=NETCDF:"g2_BIOPAR_LST_201606220100_GLOBE_GEO_V1.2.nc":LST
out=import -o --o

r.in.gdal -a would do more harm than good. The warning

> 360 degree EW extent is exceeded by 0.00019226 cells

is caused by floating point precision limits, I would leave it as it is.

These settings
> r.info import -g
>
> north=80.0223214291667
> south=-79.9776823855556
> east=179.977687153889
> west=-180.022321429167
> nsres=0.0446428582072328
> ewres=0.0446428582072241
> rows=3584
> cols=8064
> cells=28901376

are reasonably well representing the input data, I recommend using these
settings without modification, i.e.

g.region raster=import -g

Markus M