[GRASS-user] Running v.surf.tps

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 8 11:02:39 PDT 2018

On Mon, 8 Oct 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

> I have an instance of v.surf.tps running on a host with an
> 8-core/16-thread CPU. The Gkrellm system monitor shows 0% compound CPU
> usage and about 2G of memory being used, but the disk activity is very
> high. This suggests a lot of disk reads and writes instead of using more
> memory (the host has 32G total).

   I just killed the process after 125 minutes; most of that time was stuck
on 0% completion at the stage, "Local TPS interpolation with 58 points ..."
on a fast workstation.

   The module command line included the input and output file names and the
column name with the precipitation data to be interpolated.

   What running time can I expect? How can I find why it's so slow?

Rich