[GRASS-user] How to detect if GRASS is running in R background

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 08:08:55 PDT 2018

Hi;I usually start GRASS from my RConsole as so:
#perform initial GRASS setupinitGRASS("C:\\OSGeo4W64\\apps\\grass\\grass-7.4.1", home = getwd(), gisDbase = "GRASS_TEMP", mapset = "PERMANENT", override = TRUE)
and I never had problems until last week. I was getting errors and couldn't figure out why. Later on I came to find out that my GRASS instance was closed.I don't know why GRASS unexpectedly close without notification. With that said, is there a way in R to check if GRASS is still running in the background?I can probably manually check my task manager to see if there is a process running but in a more elegant way I want to do it from R.

Felipe D. CarrilloSupervisory Fishery BiologistDepartment of the InteriorUS Fish & Wildlife ServiceCalifornia, USAhttp://www.fws.gov/redbluff/rbdd_jsmp.html