[GRASS-user] v.krige dependency: rpy2

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 12 05:40:58 PDT 2018

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> FYI: there is also v.kriging which does not depend on R.

Moritz,

   I saw that and have been trying to figure out the difference(s) between
v.kriging and v.krige. I plan to apply both to my precipitation data set and
play with their parameters as I try to understand them. They both support
ordinary kriging and, if I correctly recall, one of them also supports
general kriging. I didn't know those are different.

   Any insights from you (and others) on the differences will be very
helpful.

Best regards,

Rich