[GRASS-user] r.colors style for very small range of values

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 12 13:23:11 PDT 2018

   The module, r.local.relief, does a good job on a small area of interest,
but the elevation differences are so small that I cannot find a color style
that illustrates the range. The use of blue and red by the manual's example
shows very faint colors only where there's a 30m bluff separating the
uplands area from the riparian zone.

   If there is a color style that would work for a small range of elevation
data I've not yet found it ... but I've not tried every option presented on
that page.

   Perhaps a set of defined ranges using the -rules option is the solution?

Rich