[GRASS-user] Cut a floodplain polygon with 1meter wide polygons perpendicular to its river channel

Shane Carey careyshan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 23:49:00 PDT 2018

Ok, I seem to be getting closer to what I need. It works well where the
river is perpendicular to the column (see slide 3) but where it is
parrallel (see slide 4), I would need to obtain a rows map. Is there any
way of being able to tell it to create rows or columns based on the river
direction?

<goog_326768947>
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1x7IQ3BJlLLSb6R2atxIIiaeWzyCqCZQ3uWaGPZyo6ds/edit?usp=sharing

Or if you think there is a better way of reaching my end goal (slide 2), I
would be interested in hearing your thoughts.
Thanks

Thanks

Le gach dea ghui,
*Shane Carey*