[GRASS-user] experimental Python 3 support in trunk

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 19:21:34 PDT 2018

Hi,

I committed the experimental support of Python 3 to trunk (grass77) by
Sanjeet (GSoC 2018). In the first stage of testing, we need to make sure
GRASS can compile and run with Python 2 without problems. Python 3 support
is highly experimental, we are still having problems with ctypes and
libraries using them. However, you should be able to compile GRASS, launch
GUI and run modules. I tested it on Ubuntu 16.04 with Python 2.7 and Python
3.5 (virtualenv), utf8 English locale, other platforms were not tested.

For reporting bugs related to this, please create tickets and put 'Python3'
as keyword (even for problems running GRASS on Python2 related to this
commit).

Anna