[GRASS-user] Understanding Raster Map Input Files

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 04:21:57 PDT 2018

Hi Vidura,

Just like Moritz said, you need to start by the basics about GRASS.

That said, it is better to create new raster layers than change the
existing ones.

To test other wind speed and direction, moisture, etc, just create new
rasters with r.mapcalc

https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/r.mapcalc.html

Start with constant rasters, using the example in the r.mapcalc manual.

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio