[GRASS-user] experimental Python 3 support in trunk

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 3 11:35:35 PDT 2018

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018, Anna Petrášová wrote:

> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Python3Support#Howtotest

Anna,

   I don't use virtualenvs because my projects are small and often
single-project-specific. Installed here are these python3 packages:

python3-3.6.5-i586-1_SBo
python3-PyQt5-5.9.2-i586-1_SBo
python3-Pygments-2.2.0-i586-1_SBo
python3-cycler-0.10.0-i586-1_SBo
python3-dateutil-2.7.3-i586-1_SBo
python3-decorator-4.3.0-i586-1_SBo
python3-ipython-6.5.0-i586-1_SBo
python3-ipython_genutils-0.2.0-i586-1_SBo
python3-jedi-0.12.1-i586-1_SBo
python3-matplotlib-1.5.2-i586-1_SBo
python3-parso-0.3.1-i586-1_SBo
python3-pexpect-4.6.0-i586-1_SBo
python3-pickleshare-0.7.4-i586-1_SBo
python3-pillow-3.0.0-i586-2_SBo
python3-prompt_toolkit-1.0.15-i586-1_SBo
python3-ptyprocess-0.6.0-i586-1_SBo
python3-pyparsing-2.1.8-i586-1_SBo
python3-simplegeneric-0.8.1-i586-1_SBo
python3-sip-4.19.6-i486-1_SBo
python3-six-1.11.0-i586-1_SBo
python3-tornado-5.1.0-i586-1_SBo
python3-traitlets-4.3.2-i586-1_SBo
python3-wcwidth-0.1.7-i586-1_SBo

   Using revision 73232 I just ran these modules:

v.proj loc=OR map=biota in=all_species
g.region vect=wrb
v.clip in=all_species clip=wrb out=fishes

and displayed the results. I don't know that any of these have Python code
in them. Suggestions for more robust tests are welcome.

Regards,

Rich