[GRASS-user] Wildfire Modeling with Grass GIS

Vidura Dantanarayana vidurada at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 03:48:40 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Currently, I'm using wildfire behavior modeling module for my research. So
if there anyone who used GRASS for wildfire modeling I need a help. What I
need to know is how to prepare the raster data to run r.ros and r.spread
modules. For now, what I did was to get elevation file from USGS (United
States Geological Survey) and create slope and aspect raster files. Now I
need to know how to create fuel_model, live humidity, 1hr humidity, wind
speed, wind direction raster files. I have the 1hr humidity, wind speed,
wind direction numeric values. A detailed explanation is highly appreciated
as I'm new to GIS and GRASS. Have a nice day!!

BR,
Vidura Dantanarayana