[GRASS-user] i.maxlik problem

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 19 13:39:29 PDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 12:43 PM Giuseppe Cillis <giucillis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the message,
> but when I try to run i.cluster with just one raster, the module doesn't work because: " subgroup need two images" .

... this is because it requires two maps or more as input. Do you have
greyscale photos? If yes, i.e. you want to classify a single-band
image, then you can use other options:

- generate synthetic channels (e.g., with r.texture) to be
additionally fed to i.cluster/i.maxlik
- use segmentation, e.g. with i.segment

However, probably you have R, G, B available? Then, as per email by
Markus Metz, you need to first patch channel-wise the two orthophotos
into 3 mosaiks, then feed that to i.cluster/i.maxlik.

HTH,
markusN