[GRASS-user] Raster Attribute Tables

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:42:48 PDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:36 PM Stefan Blumentrath <
Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> Did you try the table option in r.in.gdal:
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/r.in.gdal.html

yes, r.in.gdal can dump raster attribute tables as csv files. Moreover,
information in raster attribute tables is automatically imported as long as
the field definitions contain information about how to use a field, e.g.
for color information or for labels.

> Otherwise you could import the raster map and then the attribute table
with db.in.ogr.

I don't think db.in.ogr can read raster attribute tables: raster attribute
tables are not equivalent to vector attribute tables.

Markus M

> From the table you could then build reclass rules for r.reclass.
> (Not tested)
>
> Cheers
> Stefan

Bartolomei.Chris
> Sent: torsdag 20. september 2018 21:47
> To: grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org; GRASS user list <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>
> Subject: [GRASS-user] Raster Attribute Tables
>
> Good evening,
> I'm looking for some way of accessing/using the raster attribute table of
some data I have ... unfortunately I suspect it is from Arc. Searching
on-line I haven't found anything that points me to GRASS tools to
import/read raster attribute tables... Is it supported?
> Here's a sample list of the files I have:
>
> e008n55_Denmark_0913_texture.tfw
> e008n55_Denmark_0913_texture.tif
> e008n55_Denmark_0913_texture.tif.aux.xml
> e008n55_Denmark_0913_texture.tif.vat.cpg
> e008n55_Denmark_0913_texture.tif.vat.dbf
> e008n55_Denmark_0913_texture.tif.xml
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris
>

> ________________________________
>
> The information contained in this email message is intended only for the
use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged and sensitive. If you are not the intended
recipient, or otherwise have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender immediately by email at the above referenced address and
note that any further dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.

> The U.S. Export Control Laws regulate the export and re-export of
technology originating in the United States. This includes the electronic
transmission of information and software to foreign countries and to
certain foreign nationals. Recipient agrees to abide by these laws and
their regulations -- including the U.S. Department of Commerce Export
Administration Regulations and the U.S. Department of State International
Traffic in Arms Regulations -- and not to transfer, by electronic
transmission or otherwise, any content derived from this email to either a
foreign national or a foreign destination in violation of such laws.