[GRASS-user] Nice opportunity to show off GRASS functionality and topological vector format ?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 09:38:28 PDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 11:07 AM Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If anyone has some time and wants to show off some GRASS GIS power:
>
> https://www.ecmwf.int/en/learning/workshops/ecmwf-summer-weather-code-2019
>
> "The Summer of Weather Code(ESoWC) programme by the European Centre for
> Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF) is a collabrative online
> programme to promote the development of weather-related open-source
> software."
>
> More specificially:
>
> https://github.com/esowc/challenges_2019
>
> And even more, I think this challenge is a fairly low hanging fruit
> using GRASS GIS tools:
>
> https://github.com/esowc/challenges_2019/issues/3

I agree, this reads like a low-hanging fruit. I could submit an abstract
until Sunday 21 April with a fairly detailed workflow, but I will most
probably not have the time to write such a tool: apparently they would like
to have a custom QGIS plugin.

Markus M