[GRASS-user] Creating location using EPSG code

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 20:22:22 PDT 2019

Hi Rich,

On 2019-08-26 at 23:10 +02, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote...
> The region in the project location is incorrect.

No. Setting the region and location are different things. You set the location with your "-c EPSG:2838".

> With only one small data set imported I decided to start over by
> deleting that location in /data/grassdata/.

You haven't shown the import command, but you can set the region from imported data with:

g.region (raster=... | vector=....)

Or explicitly:

g.region e=... w=... n=... s=... res=...

If setting with vector=... you'll need to set the "res" explicitly.

> What have I done incorrectly?

Not set your region, just your location.

  -k.