[GRASS-user] Digitizing from or converting Google Earth maps

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 04:42:51 PST 2019

Hi Rich,

Regarding the use of Google Maps for digitizing, I just bumped into another
site stating the permissions.
I'm not a lawyer so I'm not sure I understood everything correctly. But
from the site, I could not find anything prohibiting the use of Google Maps
to digitize things 'not for profit'.

https://www.google.com/permissions/geoguidelines/

Of course, I could be wrong...

As for your other question, about using v.digit, I'm afraid I can't give
much help.

Cheers
Daniel