[GRASS-user] sample a strds at specific locations (areas)

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:38:06 PST 2019

I had a similar problem some time ago, just that it was not raster
resolution, but region resolution that I changed to solve my problem (see
this thread and MM's answer:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/v-to-rast-for-polygons-not-overlapping-center-of-raster-cell-td5355686.html#a5355729
)

IIUC, MM's proposed solution to my case then does not work anymore because
v.to.rast call inside v.rast.stats is affected by the region alignment to
the raster to be queried. So, the solution is indeed now, to change raster
resolution... ? Then the region would be aligned to it (them)?

If one has large areas or long time series and has to resample all rasters
to get smallish polygons rasterized, I do not see the advantage of this new
behavior... but maybe I'm missing something

Cheers,
Vero