[GRASS-user] Adding map to layer manager (wxpython GUI) from grass console?

Joe joe.on.list at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 02:35:19 PST 2019

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 4:53 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> First, open a display monitor:
>
> d.mon start=wx0
>
> When you're finished, close the monitor:
>
> d.mon stop=wx0
>
> Of course, you can open multiple monitors (I don't know the maximum as I've
> used only 2 at most) by incrementing the wxN integer.

Thanks for yuor answer Rich, but in that way we would work on a new
"stand alone" window (monitor), "basins" map is not added to the
wxPython "Layer Manager". Look at this screenshot:
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/I028MO5.jpg

We have wxpython GUI on the left with "Layer Manager" at top and "Map
Display" at the bottom. On the right the new monitor window "wx0" and
the terminal with grass prompt. As you can see the layer manager is
empty.

If I type the same command "d.rast basins at PERMANENT" at the layer
manager console (top-left), the map is displayed in Map Display window
and a new "layer" is added to the "Layers" tab of the layer manager:
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/I02qjCR.jpg
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/I02rk6A.jpg

The question was: can I add the raster map "basins at PERMANENT" to the
layer manager layers list by type a command at the terminal console
(not using the wxpyton gui console)?
Hope my poor english is clear enought to explain what I'm trying to do.

Thanks again!
Bye