[GRASS-user] Report on r.mapcalc issue

Pilafin ilaria.ferrando87 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 08:28:29 PST 2019

Hi everyone,
I'm using Grass 7.4.4 on Windows 7 to perform a simple operation (division
by 10.0) of a raster map using r.mapcalc gui and I noticed that the obtained
results are not correct, e.g. 164 / 10.0 = 15 instead of 16.4.
I tried to do the same operation with Grass 6.4 and it went fine.
Then I switched to Grass 7.4.4 again and I tried to use the command line,
and it gives the correct results.

I think there is a problem in the r.mapcalc gui, has someone else
encountered this strange behavior?

P.S.: In the following lines, the results of a query on a point:

est, nord: 2.85667275343, 42.3684893758
DTM at DTM:
  color: 072:022:104
  value: 164