[GRASS-user] Install GRASS 7.4

Tomáš Brunclík brunclik at atlas.cz
Tue Feb 19 10:33:49 PST 2019

Hello, I do not know if you refer to a method of installing an older
.deb package, but in this case it may be easier to install outside of
the packaging system, for example from a weekly binary snapshots
(probably easier), or from source. You can in the same time have the
newer and continually updated version from your apt sources alongside
it, thus having advantages of both versions at hand (good idea also
because of possible dependencies of the binary snapshot, which should be
met on your system if you have other version of grass already
installed). The binary snapshots can be installed to a directory of your
choice, system-wide probably under /usr/local, or even only for one user
under his own home directory. Version which may be good for you is on
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/binary/linux/snapshot/, together wit
instructions how to install.
Regards,
Tomas

Dne 19. 02. 19 v 17:59 Ulrich Kriechbaum napsal(a):
> Hello everyone!
> I unfortunately made an unknown mistake, crashing Grass on my computer
> (Ubuntu 16.04). I now want to reinstall GRASS and the module r.avaflow
> (which, i believe, only works with GRASS 7.4). The problem is, i can
> only install GRASS 7.6, even with the method stated on the GRASS
> homepage for GRASS 7.4.4 (old stable). Can anyone pls help??? I have
> already tried quite some time but can't find a solution.
> Best regards
> Ulli

Tomáš Brunclík
fotky: http://tom44.portfoliobox.me/