[GRASS-user] db.out.ogr: not exporting rows

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 27 05:55:11 PST 2019

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019, Micha Silver wrote:

> I should add to my previous message that if you specify 'dbf' format the
> script will delete all other components of an existing shapefile (by the
> same name).

Micha,

Wait. Why does db.out.ogr allow the output file to be another database? How
often would someone want to do this?

Related question: the format option is required, but to the input or output?
Look at the first example. It has an input and output but no format.

I've not before used db.out.ogr so you've taught ma a lot.

Best regards,

Rich