[GRASS-user] V.Kriging

Benjamin Ducke benducke at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 13 04:05:16 PST 2019

On 12/01/2019 17:57, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2019, Francois Chartier wrote:
>
>> Is the module v.kriging still available in grass gis? Here is the error
>> message I obtain trying to run v.kriging. I also did not find it in the
>> drop drown menus.
>
> Francois,
>
>   Yep. Works for me using 7.7.svn (r73895) on Slackware-14.2.
>
>> Secondly, is v.kriging able to generate a 3D raster based on 3D data
>> points+attribute as v.vol.rst is capable?
>
>   This I don't know.

According to the manual page, v.kriging does
handle 3D input explicitly[1]:

"method ordinary kriging extended to 3D"

To this end, it even supports variograms for
3D data (flags '-b' and 'u'), and you can use
both 3D points or a Z attribute as input.

I have not tried 3D kriging myself, but I would
be extremely interested to hear back from anyone
an this list how well this performs!

Best,

Ben

[1]
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/addons/v.kriging.html

> Regards,
>
> Rich

Dr. Benjamin Ducke
Deutsches Archäologisches Institut (DAI)
Zentrale Berlin, IT-Referat
* Projekt "Stunde Null" *