[GRASS-user] Build error: git repo master [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 17 10:53:11 PDT 2019

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hard to say... Which Makefile is it?

Markus et al.,

Updated information.

I cloned the repo on two 64-bit machines, my Dell Latitude E5410
(4-core/8-thread, 8G RAM) and my new desktop (AMD Ryzen7 8-core/16-thread
CPU, 32G RAM) both running fully patched Slackware-14.2/x86_64. All have the
configuration file specifying --without zstd.

On both machines the build fails at the same place as does the 32-bit
desktop: Makefile: 57 recipe failed for target default.

In the years I've built from the svn repo this error has not before
occurred. I'm sure it's not a common thing or others would have reported it
much earlier.

I could send the configuration file but the problem appears to be in the
Makefile and I don't see how that would be different on Slackware-14.2 than
on other distributions.

Help needed.

Regards,

Rich