[GRASS-user] Points to area workflow

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 20 12:03:24 PDT 2019

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019, Micha Silver wrote:

> If you want to go straight from the point coordinates to a polygon, you
> can use the GRASS standard ASCII format and pipe directly to v.in.ascii:

> echo "VERTI:
> B 1 5
>  -123.940000 45.150100
>  -123.940000 45.145400
>  -123.960000 45.145400
>  -123.960000 45.150100
>  -123.940000 45.150100
>  1 1
> C 1 1
>  -123.950000 45.147500
>  1 1" | v.in.ascii input=- output=analysis_region format=standard

Micha,

Reading the v.in.ascii manual page I see the one standard format example but
no explanation of how to write the data input files.

I have only the five points defining the rectangle and even specifying
'skip=5' the module is looking for a header. Where are the standard format
details described in detail?

Thanks,

Rich