[GRASS-user] In-river (hydraulic) sediment transport dynamics

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 26 06:33:01 PDT 2019

On Fri, 26 Jul 2019, Ivan Marchesini wrote:

> I think that this project can be interesting for you
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/caesar-lisflood/

Ivan,

This is similar to the r.sim.* modules in GRASS: it models terrestrial
erosion and sediment deposition in the receiving stream channels. I might
need to look at sediment inputs to the river, but want to avoid that if
possible.

There are several potential tools that could fit the project's needs: the
Community Sediment Transport Model (a consortium lead by Woods Hole Marine
Resarch Center), OpenFOAM/SedFOAM, HydroSed2D, and the Tian-Jian Hsu (Tom)
Research Group – Center for Applied Coastal Research Numerical
modeling/simulation of coastal processes and environmental fluid mechanics.

These might be of interest to other GRASS users, too.

Thanks for your suggestion,

Rich