[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] Early "warning": upcoming switch of SVN to readonly mode for planned GitHub migration

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 09:35:36 PDT 2019

Hi,

El dom., 2 jun. 2019 a las 11:08, Markus Neteler (<neteler at osgeo.org>)
escribió:

> Rich, all,
>
> On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 5:46 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 17 May 2019, Martin Landa wrote:
> >
> > > migration done for core repo. Please REVIEW result at
> > > https://github.com/OSGeo/grass
> >
> > Martin,
> >
> > Thanks very much for your efforts!
> >
> > I have a question:
> > When in this migration process will the source download page on the web
> site
> > be changed? <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/DownloadSource#GRASS7.7>
> still
> > shows:
> >
> >   "The development branch (trunk) version of GRASS 7 can be extracted
> using the command:
> >
> >    "svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk grass7_trunk
> >    #Subsequent updates:
> >    svn up"
>
> The related pages on grass.osgeo.org as well as in the trac Wiki have
> now been updated from SVN notes to git/GitHub instructions.
>
> I checked download and development pages and changed some remaining links
to point to git repos. If someone else sees something wrong please let us
know.

There is still much work to be done, esp. wiki pages to be updated with
git-based instructions and refreshing files like
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/blob/master/INSTALL to MD plus editing links
to github repo.

Please spot and report missing updates (or, in the case of Wiki pages,
> please updated directly!).

I'll have a look after lunch

Vero