[GRASS-user] too many categories: buffer overflow

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 05:14:55 PDT 2019

Hello,

I think I'm experiencing a buffer overflow. This is a hard one to search for with GRASS GIS because the word "buffer" and "overflow" appear throughout as in r.buffer and overflowing weirs, etc. but I'm referring to the C-code error type of buffer oveflow:

r.to.vect -v input=basins output=basins type=area

DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Error in sqlite3_step():
UNIQUE constraint failed: basins.cat

ERROR: Unable to insert into table: insert into basins values (
       -2137121269, '(Category -2137121269)')

Does anyone have any suggestion how I can convert a raster with MANY categories to a vector?

Thanks,

  -k.