[GRASS-user] Import gpkg point map

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 13:03:53 PDT 2019

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 4:58 PM Micha Silver <tsvibar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to import some geopackage files. Some are polygons, and one
is a points vector. The polygons import fine, but the point vector fails
with:

> ERROR: Detected different projections of input layers. Input layers must
be
>        imported separately.
>

> Then if I convert the gpkg to a shapefile, it works fine.
>

> Any ideas what could be wrong? Here's the procedure, showing the problem.

[...]
> # Now The point gpkg vector:
>
> ######################
>
> micha at TP480:Ashalim$ ogrinfo ashalim_train_pts.gpkg ashalim_train_pts

are there any other layers in ashalim_train_pts.gpkg?
You can check with
ogrinfo -so ashalim_train_pts.gpkg

> # Try import
>
> micha at TP480:Ashalim$ v.import ashalim_train_pts.gpkg output=ashalim_pts
--o
> ERROR: Detected different projections of input layers. Input layers must
be
>        imported separately.
> ERROR: Detected different projections of input layers. Input layers must
be
>        imported separately.
> ERROR: Unable to create location from OGR datasource
>        <ashalim_train_pts.gpkg>

There must be more than one layer in ashalim_train_pts.gpkg, maybe an empty
layer?

> If anyone wants the point and polygon gpkg files to test, I can share it.

For testing, I would only need the point gpkg file.

Markus M