[GRASS-user] How to turn off "Show Current Region Extent in Map Display"

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 05:48:22 PST 2019

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 2:43 PM Paul Harwood <runette at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately - it was already unchecked. I tried
checiing it. Then unchecking it. Then restarting the GUI to no effect. I
might just have to recreate the workspace from scratch.

> And then - never go near that menu item again !
>

> On Sat, 9 Mar 2019, 13:35 Micha Silver, <tsvibar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The option I found is under "Settings->Preferences->Map Display".
Uncheck the "Show Computational Region". Then you have to restart the GUI
to actually make it happen.

you can also uncheck the checkbox in the lower left corner of the map
display, see attached screenshot. This has immediate effect.

HTH,

Markus M

>> On 09/03/2019 14:53, Paul Harwood wrote:
>>
>> I am sure this is ridiculously simple but I cannot find it ...
>>
>> I am running GRASS 7.4.4 on MacOSX. I clicked on "Show Current Region
Extent in Map Display". This created a red box on the display - as
advertised.