[GRASS-user] [SoC] GSoC 2019 - Student Application Period start on March 25

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Mar 23 14:22:26 PDT 2019

[forwarded: https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2019-March/004217.html]

------------------------------------
Dear would-be GSoC students,

according to the timeline [1], student application period will start on
March 25.

Some important points [2] how to increase your chances of being selected:

* Be proactive
* Discuss your idea in public channels
* Demonstrate your skills
* Demonstrate your intention to stay

As a general remark, we know that late submissions are not our best shot, as
we usually find them incomplete, so be aware that the sooner you submit your
proposals, the better chances you have to adjust them to mentors'
requirements, and in the end, better chances to be selected.

Remember that GSoC is a highly competitive program, we prioritize quality
over quantity, this means that we only accept excellent proposals.
Submitting a sloppy proposal it's just a useless waste of time for you and
for mentors.

A proposal template can be downloaded from github [3].

your
OSGeo GSoC admins

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/#timeline
[2]