[GRASS-user] turning sqlite journal off

Laura Poggio laura.poggio at gmail.com
Thu May 16 01:28:20 PDT 2019

Dear all,
thanks for the answers and apologies if my question at the beginning was
not so clear.
SQLITE can support multiple readers and only one writer. But it is not the
main problem.
The issue here is the creation of the journal file. Each time a GRASS
session that modified the sqlite.db file is closed, the journal file is
created. This can take quite some time and during this time the database is
locked. This behaviour is expected.
I can turn off the creation of the journal file (being aware of the
potential risks) using sqlite options and thus reducing the time the
database is locked. However these options do not apply when the file is
modified by GRASS.
Is it possible to turn off the creation of the journal file when a GRASS
session is involved?

Thanks!

Laura